I’m Amy Eicher – a teacher, speaker, clinician, author and pain coach.
And I’ve been there, just like you – in a swirling mess of pain and tears and frustration not knowing how to keep going, but knowing I couldn’t stop looking for a solution to my pain.
Just like you I spent years trying to figure out how to get my life back from the pain that was drowning me. The pain that had stolen the very essence of me. My journey took me through a trip through wonderland where I ended up challenging all the things I thought I knew and coming out stronger and braver on the other side.
Are you tired of doing the same thing over and over again and not getting relief? Are you afraid to hope that their may be answers to your pain? I know I was. I am ask skeptical as they come. It took a lot of study, testing, fighting, and conversations to get me to where I am today.
I’d really like to shorten that journey for you.
5 Fun Facts about me:
- When my pain started I was an 18 year old D1 scholarship swimmer. I was told I would never compete again. I am currently training to swim in Masters Swimming Short Course Nationals this Spring! How crazy is that?!
- I have a thing for Shih Tzu’s. We have 3: Tinkerbell, Milo and Sasha (our rescue). I think everyone should have a pet, or at least a fluffy stuffed animal to squeeze when sad!
- I LOVE Disney. No joke. My dream job is to play Cinderella in the park, however Disney says I am too tall and ahem…. too old!
- I love to learn. In my free time I really do enjoy a heated Facebook discussion on new research or concept. Being faced with ideas that are unlike my own is how I keep growing, learning, and changing!
- I’ve pretty much completely decorated my house by using Pinterest! I love my home and making it comfortable for my husband and 2 teens, but I was afraid to decorate. So, I jumped on Pinterest and pinned things I liked. I was then able to see a pattern and started making a plan! You should try it – totally addicting 🙂
What you see is what you get:
People tell me I am really good at helping them see things they don’t necessarily see: barriers to living the life they want. I promise you I will do so in a safe and loving environment. Once you confront these barriers, these shifts can make a world of difference in your recovery. You have an ally in me!
Have you been looking for someone to believe your pain and listen to you? I believe your pain is real and YOU are an expert in you.
Do you need someone to help boil down complex medical jargon? I can be your resource for helping you see pain and your ability to live differently.
Do you need empathy, encouragement, and accountability? I will provide that for you as we work together to help you develop and execute a plan to improve your pain with education, goals, and some tough love if necessary, but I will ALWAYS believe in you.
Here are some things you should know about pain.
It IS real – it’s whatever you say it is.
Persistent pain is more than just a tissue issue.
Learning to be active with pain is possible, but it is challenging.
There are no pain sensors in our body, but there are “danger” sensors.
Pain is a warning signal sent from the unconscious brain TO the body to protect it.
Thoughts are nerve impulses and are our processing pain.
There are things we can do to help ourselves live better with pain.
We can have more control over pain than we feel it has over us.
There is HOPE!
I am excited to work with motivated women, like yourself.
I look forward to having open and honest conversation about pain. The most exciting part for me is that moment your eyes shine when you finally realize… You are braver than you believe, stronger than you see, and smarter than you think. And when you no longer need me is the best part–because you believe in yourself!
I look forward to helping you in your journey to move beyond pain. Book your first appointment now and let’s get moving!
Start right now by grabbing a copy of simple ways to modify your pain.